Friday, October 31, 2014

Wicked Little Witch

As Eddie likes to say "Don't panic, don't panic, I'm here!" I haven't died or anything, not even given up blogging, I've just been busy. But today is Halloween, and I dressed up! Yay! 

I don't like buying Halloween costumes. Instead, I like to reach into my cupboards, and combine odd bits and bobs to create an outfit. This year, though, I did add a bit of extra effort. 

I chose to go as a Wicked Witch. 

mesh top, skirts, hat, waist corselet: Heather Wielding Originals
lace top: H&M
shoes: Vagabond

Where to, you ask, silly me, I say. We're going to Club B52 to see Dark Flood and Noumena. The club has an annual Halloween party tonight, so expensive beer, here I come. As a witch. Hope my hat won't give me a headache. 

I can't remember when I last ventured out in a costume. Lucky this is, without the hat, pretty much what I might wear to the club on any night!

 The extra effort- bit is the hat. I didn't own a witch's hat, and by the time I realized I needed one, it was too late to go out and buy one. So I made one. From plastic. Took quite many seams and swears, but it turned out OK. 

What is a witch wihtout stripey socks!

I even made an affort toward creepy make-up. Hardly a masterpiece, but I drew a spiderweb on my cheek. Complete with a spider. I'm pretty certain I'll forget it's there, look in the mirror, scream, and punch myself in the face.
I'm horrified of spiders, so having one on my face is a bit weird.

I was hoping to lok a bit scarier, but, well, can't win every time.

I hope you're all enjoying your Halloween! 

Love, 
Heather

7 comments:

  1. You look lovely! Ha ha I know what you mean, a lot of my outfits are like what others might wear as costumes, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I fled the club before the Grand Announcing of "and the winner gets a bunch of drinks"-moment since a bunch of dressed up girls gave me the evil eye, but after having gained a fit-bumb from a cute guy, I was happy :P

      Delete
    2. Fist, not fit, what is with our internet today!!!

      Delete
  2. Nice outfit! The cuffs on the top are pretty. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a perfect witch, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. :)

    ReplyDelete

talk to me