Thursday, June 5, 2014

Red & Black Week 2014, Day 5



 Today was the first really hot day of the summer. Naturally, we picked this particular day to go shopping. 
Smart idea. Very smart. 
Let me explain why. 
Most people get used to warming temperatures gradually. They go outside, see the sun, their bodies sort of go with the warmth. 
I, on the other hand, stay in. I don't like it outside. It's bright and the sun hurts my eyes, and did I mention all the bugs who try to eat me alive? 

Also, our house is COLD. I've been wearing sweaters inside up until today. 

So. Today, I woke up at seven after four hours of sleep. I tried to get some more shut-eye, but Husband saw it fit to let out the biggest snore ever. So I got up. Annoyed. At seven. 

I wasn't really in the mood for anything complicated. I spent the morning writing and doing my nails. Toenails got black varnish, fingers Morticia-red. 
And when it came time to put some clothes on, I sort of just reached in the closet, and took the first things that went together. 

Big mistake. 


I chose a red bra, an almost see-through mesh top, and a two layer mesh skirt, which I've shown on the blog before. For footwear, I chose platform sandals. 
Leaving home, the outfit was really nice and cool, but in a sun-warmed city... well, let's just say I'm a bit sweaty right now. 

Just to be on the safe side, I took a shawl with me. Sis made this one. It's crochet, with lovely flower motifs. I got this several years ago, and it's gotten a lot of wear. 


Shopping wasn't all that good, but I did pick up two tops. One red, one black. Just to celebrate red & black week. 

Until next time. 
Remember to drink lots of fluids. 

Love, 
Heather

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely outfit! Sad to hear the weather didn't like it.
    I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers darling. I've learned my lesson now: no wearing black polyester when the sun is out and the air is still.

      It's raining today. Much better <3

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about the outdoors! It's physically painful. People make fun, like we're just trying to be Oh So Goth or melodramatic - they don't feel it? so they don't think it's real. For what it's worth, your outfit is the height of amazing simple elegance! I would totally wear that, down to the last detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The outfit was really nice and comfy, the weather just ruined it. I'll wear it again when it's cooler

      I've often wondered if I'm the only one who doesn't like the sun, and the warmth, and the whole "let's go outside and play in the water/sand/snow"-thing. Glad to know I'm not alone :)

      Delete
  3. I know exactly what you mean; I could barely sum up the energy to post in Red and Black week last year, as the heat was so intense (unusual for here). I do love your shall, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to have style when the weather gets too warm.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me