Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Red & Black Week 2014, Day 4: YARR!



The annual Red & Black Week caught me off-guard again. I really should start keeping my eyes open... 
As I was unprepared, I thought I'd have to skip the challenge this year. But today, I remembered I had something stashed. 

Some of you may remember a cold winter's day with a frozen Heather outside, on an icy lake, wearing red velvet. I wasn't happy with the coat, so I took it apart, and redid it. Now, it is practical, fully functional, and fit to be worn. 
At least when hitting the bars... 

Now, as the ice has melted, I am free to go as I please. 
I gave the coat a large collar, and pirate cuffs. The hem falls mid-calf, and the coat is fully lined in black. Every bit of black leather is gone, along with traces of Norse deities. Now, I get to play pirates anytime I want! 

I paired the coat with a long skirt and a satin waist corselet I made, and a lace blouse I picked up from a flea market. The shoes I pimped out long ago, and they're still the best pair of heels I've ever owned. 

I shall sail to the edge of the world, and claim all treasures for myself. I shall be known as Captain Heather, and all shall tremble before me!
The day we took the photos, was the first sunny day of the early yet unstable spring. Remembering the previous outside photo shoot, I was quite happy with having nothing to complain about other than the sun being in my eyes. 

I shall be victour... hey, who the **** stole my ship!
Being Captain Heather was great fun, and I'm glad I took the time to alter the coat. Now, all I need is more opportunities to wear it! 

Until next time. I'll try my hardest to get another post done on Red&Black Week! 

Love, 
Heather

18 comments:

  1. Oh my that coat is a dream <3
    You really look gorgeous.
    Much love,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it did turn out nicer than expected And on that day, the light was my BFF :P

      Delete
    2. Thank you, it did turn out nicer than expected And on that day, the light was my BFF :P

      Delete
  2. That coat is majestic!! Love this outfit you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not that nuts about the corselet, must redo it AGAIN someday.

      ... wonder how many times I've done that now...

      Delete
  3. Red & Black Week catches me off guard EVERY year. ;)

    Beautiful job on that coat. It's gorgeous, and completely unique. Quite a transformation from the previous version!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd pencil the next Red & Black Week in, but I've never owned a proper calendar.

      Thank you. It's much, much nicer than the previous version, this one I can put on without any help. I just wish there were more opportunities to wear it, in a small town people tend to stare at everything different...

      Delete
  4. Your coat is awesome! I love a good coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coat is to die for. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely coat - I couldn't be arsed with a velvet coat, as the upkeep would be awful in rainy Scotland. It goes really well with the rest of the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't think ahead, as usual. Must be very careful when going outside in this...

      Delete
  7. That is an absolutely fabulous jacket!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me