Saturday, March 29, 2014

Feeling Better

As the title may indicate, I'm feeling better. 
I can even pinpoint the reason to this sudden change. Actually it's not just one reason, but a bundle of many. All of which are really boring and work-related. 
I'll share anyway. 

First, I updated my ubuntu. Which sorted out the persistant problems with my scanner. It works now without me having to resort to all sorts of mystical scripts if I want to, like, scan an image. Yay! 

Second, I got all of my paperwork done. Yay! 

Third, I thought I'd update my webshop real quick, and the whole thing exploded. 
Why is this a good thing, you may ask. As did I. Well. Turns out, I now have the latest version of PrestaShop, and it's a lot nicer than the old version I had before the meltdown. I even get a really cool layout. So Yay! 
A lot of work is still to be done, but that's fine. The rush of orders is cleared, and I can concentrate on getting my hands dirty with the shop. 

In order to celebrate, we went to the club in Ähtäri. They had live music! And I wore clothes, look! 
Skirt: H&M, second-hand, modded a  bit
DeathRock Bustier: Heather Wielding Original
Shoes: Second-hand, heavily modded

The club had two bands playing. The first was... how can I put this in a nice, polite way... well, they were really young, and had a lot of potential. 
The second band, Nodian, was a lot better. And pretty. They played black metal and did it rather well. While being very pretty. 
Check them out, I recommend if you're into black metal.

So. Back to clothes. I thought I'd go for a more metal-sort of look, but getting dressed, pretty happened. I chose a skirt I haven't worn out yet, since it's very big and very airy and it flies like crazy. Being that we weren't going to spend but a moment outside, I decided to give the skirt a go. I paired it with a brand-spanking new DeathRock Bustier, which I'm turning into a pattern/tutorial. It's supported with sewable rigilene tape, which makes it both comfortable and machine washable. 


I'm really enjoying wearing my hair up for a change. It's been short for so long I'd almost forgotten what it's like to have a proper (if a bit messy) hair-do. I did my lips a bit differently: I lined them with black, and added pink lipstick. I rather liked the result, it's black but not in an "in your face" sort of way. 


We took photos in a real hurry, so they're a bit shoddy. One of them was worse than the rest, but it had a really big smile. Since Goths are supposed to be gloomy and moody, I want to share smiley pictures when I can :P


Until next time
Love, 
Heather

3 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, and your big smiley-face picture the best!

    Ugh, paperwork ... it's like a heavy black cloud hanging over your head, isn't it? I finally got mine organized to take into the accountant. It's income tax time. Ugh again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful! And I would love to be able to make a bustier like that! :)

    ReplyDelete

talk to me