Saturday, February 8, 2014

... so that's what it was

The blues didn't fix itself. Instead, it turned into crankiness. For a week or so, I had to fight an urge to throw sharp, pointy objects at Husband. 
Naturally, he didn't cause the crankiness, but since he's closest, he gets to suffer when I'm on a bad mood. 

Life is, like, so fair. 

So. On Thursday, we went to Jyväskylä. Mom and Dad live there, and since Finntroll was playing in Lutakko, we thought it was time to take a little break from work and the House and responsibilities. We left on Thursday, and returned on Friday, but the little holiday did wonders to my desire to inflict pain. 

Mom and Dad's house is amazing. It's big, it's beautiful, it's warm. Dad has redone most of it with his own two hands, and the results of his work are stunning. During the summer, he re-did the stairwell, giving their house a face-lift which transformed it from a lovely place to a designer home. I love-love-love the house, and seeing it again after a long while made me homesick. 
And then I got jealous. 
I wish I was as capable as Dad. It would be so nice to pick up a hammer and do wonders to this place. 

... and then again, how hard can it be? Surely I could learn. 
Must study. 

So. Finntroll. No outfit photos. I got a new camera for Christmas, but I still can't remember to take it with... 

I hadn't seen Finntroll before. I didn't even know what sort of music they played. I just sorta went along when Husband said it'd probably maybe be nice to go. 
I'm so glad I did, I loved them! I stood there watching with the biggest grin on my face for the entire gig. Which was really long. It was so much fun. 
It's been a long while since a new band has done that to me. It was really nice to get such a perfect surprise. 

Standing there, watching, I realized what had made me so angry and blue. 

I miss bands. 


Living in Tampere, we went to see bands at least once a month. Here, we see one once a year if we're lucky. And it's always a band Husband picks, and never anything I want to see. 
Because the bands I want to see never come here in the middle of nowhere. 
Dammit. 
So to compensate, I've been listening to The 69Eyes most of the evening. Husband hates them, but I sorta grew up with them playing.



I miss long hair and machine made smoke. Testosterone and pretty boys with make-up on. 
I miss living in a house with a roof that doesn't leak, and where mice don't surprisingly crowd the closet when the master of the house goes to Tampere to get wasted. 

Mice, goddammit. I've always dreamed of living in a house with a rodent problem and a leaky roof. 

Could be worse, of course. We could still be living in Tampere. With, like, bars and bands and pretty boys with long hair and make-up.
*sigh* 

So, home alone 666. Last time I was home alone, I did nothing but work. 
Today, I've mostly been working on an outfit for a client. But now... 
Husband got both Thor-movies. I'm so goan go drool on Loki now. 
Bai

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Wooo! I used to looove 69 Eyes in my earlier Goth days! I listen to more ethereal kind of music mostly these days, but I still get excited to hear Gothic Girl! We only live about 1.5 hours from the city (a bit longer if you count how long the bus takes to get the station when it stops at every stop!) so I can go to the city for clubs BUT only if I have somewhere to crash afterwards, since trains back home stop fairly early at night EVEN THOUGH WE ARE HARDLY IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! It's like the people who made the timetable live in the city and don't care about anyone who lives outside of it ever getting home. And I can't afford a hotel! So yeah, it doesn't happen that much.

    I don't mind being home alone, I think I actually like it most of the time. I like having time to sew, although if I haven't got any prewashed material and don't feel like making more mock ups I can get booored!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me