Monday, February 10, 2014

February Theme: Outerwear



This months theme on  Sophistique Noir was outerwear. 
I almost didn't make it in time. 

I just finished altering my favourite winter coat. I featured it on my other blog last winter, but only wore it once after it was completed. I figured the gusset in the back made my tail look big, so the pretty coat got forgotten. 
Until today. 
I took it out, tried it on, and ripped the gusset out, replacing it with a slit.


Originally, I made the coat from another coat I no longer liked. I altered it drastically, and added a warm lining. 
The coat now bears a pirate-y feel, with large, lace-trimmed cuffs and buttons in the back. 


The collar is very high. I wanted it closed so I wouldn't have to wear a scarf with this coat. 
The length is practical here where every distance is covered by car. 


All in all, it's a very pretty coat, and I'm glad Mrs Kitty's theme made me unearth it from the depths of my wardrobe. 

Love, 
Heather

10 comments:

  1. I like the coat! Great work altering it! I love the shape at the back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. The alteration took, like, ten minutes, so it was an easy enough job. Wonder why I didn't do it earlier...

      Delete
  2. I love what you've done with the cuffs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I kinda really like the cuffs, too ^^

      Delete
  3. You are so talented and skillful! I love your work, it's very inspiring to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you unearthed it, too - especially after all the work you did altering it in the first place. It would have been a shame to have left it in the depths of your wardrobe. Alone and Unloved. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lonely coats are the saddest thing. I'm kicking myself for not doing this earlier!

      Delete
  5. Lovely coat! It looks a bit 18-th century-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I made this soon after watching Pirates of the Caribbean-movies for the nth time, so the 18th century vibe probably comes from there ^^

      Delete

talk to me