Sunday, June 2, 2013

Some Very Nice Things

I figured I'd save this outfit for the Red & Black & White-challenge, but... it's far away, the pics aren't that good, and I need to vent. 

Last Wednesday, we had a girls' night. All of us cleared out our closets, took the clothes and things we no longer wear, met at a friend's house, got high on sugar and tea, spilled our belongings onto the floor, and took what we liked so that everyone went home with something new. It was the second time we did this, and it was much, much fun. I highly recommend this to everyone, it's like Christmas :D 

I got a long viscose jersey cardi-sort of a thing, and was super-happy since I've been looking for something similar for a really long time. And then, this girl whose house we were at, comes out of her bedroom, looking all sad and sort of resigned, and she's holding a skirt. A perfect, corset-waisted tartan skirt. I see it from across the room, and shriek and run to it. 
It was Phaze's punk-dream, and I wore it to the club on Friday. 
Love-love-love it <3

The reason I was given this skirt, is that I will know how to appreciate it, and will give it a good, loving home. 
All clothes have a good home with me <3

Skirt; Phaze
Petticoat & top: Heather Wielding Original
Shoes & Wristband: Second hand
So. ClubB52. On Friday. A band husband's known for ages was playing. Nitroforce 9. They played when we got engaged, so they're sort of Our Band. Some people have songs, we have an entire band :P 
Anyways, we had a bit of a rocky start to the night out, since we had to wait for our driver for, like, ever, and I got all antsy thinking we'd miss the gig, but they didn't start 'til 1am so we made it fine. 

Nitroforce9 plays good old party-rock'n'roll, and does it pretty well. They just released their debut album ('bout time, if you ask me :D) and were celebrating it at the club. It was really nice, the house was full, but not to the rim, and they played a nice, long set. 

Listening to Nitroforce 9 pretty much culminates to just staring, with your mouth hanging open, because their singer is just AMAZING. He's pretty, and has just an incredible voice. So if you like rock'n'roll, check them out. 

I meant to write an actual review about the gig, but I have more to share. 

So, anyway, on Friday, I had a hair-crisis, and realized I could wear my zigzag-hair-band-thing again. Yay!

grin, grin, grin
Someone's a bit overwhelmed with all the love pouring on

Also wore shoes, nice ones. 

Shoes: Twice, second hand
Who knew Twice made shoes this pretty

And then the reason why I felt the need to vent. 
Husband just came home. His family owns a house, like 4km from where we live now. It's old, and in pretty bad condition. Everyone thought it had mold, so no-one wanted to touch it. It's a two-sided house, and husband's GrandMa lives on one side. The other was occupied by his sister and her family. Up until Y-day. We'd figured we might take a look at it, re-do the bathroom (where the mold was thought to be) and the isolation, and the roof, and the interior, and everything. So husband went over, took out some tiles in the bathroom to see how bad it was, and... 
Well, it looked clean. No moisture, no mold. He found some wet boards in a closet next to the bathroom, but nothing else. 

So we're going to do the isolation, and interior, post-pone the roof for a year or two, and move in. To a house. In the country. 
To a house complete with GrandMa and cat. 

Yikes and yay and a bigger yikes. But in a good way. 

Funny how after a really bad time things are starting to look really cool <3

6 comments:

  1. That clothes changing sounds like a really good idea. Maybe I should try it too. I cleaned my closet not so long ago but the good clothes that I don´t longer want or they are too small/big or something like this are still in a big bag :D
    That outfit is really nice, and love the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I felt comfortable in the outfit, too, which was a nice surprise since I don't often wear short skirts :)

      I really do recommend the changing of wardrobes. It's so much fun, clothes you no longer like get to be worn again, you get new ones in exchange, and no-one has to spend any money. It's perfect :D

      Delete
  2. And it´s great you got so lucky with the house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit amazing, yes. I'm still sorta waiting for the whole thing to fall apart :D Just been to check out the new diggs, and there was a cat in the living room, purring, as I walked in. I took it as a very good omen :)

      Delete
  3. You're moving to a house in the country, too! Yay!!! I think a purring cat is a very good sign. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yay! :D I already live in a row-house in the country, though, but it doesn't really count :P

      I'm finally getting my own studio. No more spreading fabric and half-finished knits around the living room <3

      Delete

talk to me