Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Labour Day

1st of May, and the night before, are regarded official Drinking Days in Finland. 
To honor the time-long tradition, I wore pretty clothes while getting rid of a bit of a hangover. 

Y-day, we stayed in, and had a sauna. Today, we went out to see if we could catch a parade of old, fancy cars. Well, they drove by too fast, and skipped following the predetermined route, so we only say a few pretty rides. Better than nothing, though :) 

After, we had pizza (ate too much, oof) and came home to drink some sparkly wine. And then husband retired at 7:30 pm :D 

At first, I thought I'd go super-goth, but after trying on my Victorian inspired satin skirts, I figured it was a bit much. 
We live in the country-side, after all. 
I settled for my new fav skirt, and a matching top hat. Completed the look with a lace blouse, and lace tights. 
And for the first time this spring, I got to wear purdy heels <3
Skirt, top hat: Heather Wielding Originals
Lace blouse: second hand (peppercorn)
Shoes: second hand


The top hat is a story on its own. 
I made it just a week ago, and broke some rules with it to make it weather-proof, comfortable and long lasting. 
I made another one, and am currently in the process of making a little tutorial on them. 
I'm really pleased with the results: the day was windy, and my hat showed no sing of wanting to fly away :D

Made husband take a few photos after we came home, and he said all sorts of silly things while taking the snap-shots, so... giggles all around :D
 

Spring has officially sprung, and I hope to make the best of it. Hope you'll do the same :)

5 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit! I love the high-waisted skirt and suspenders! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It turned out really nice. When I was making it, I figured I'd sell it, but... well, I tried it on, and could not face parting with it :D

      Delete
    2. Wise choice, I think - it looks great on you! :D

      Delete
  2. this entire outfit is definitely looking great on you!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was feeling quite cute, too.

      ... when my skirt wasn't flying in all directions thanks to the wind :D

      Delete

talk to me