Saturday, April 13, 2013

Dragons

I finished Dragons this morning. 

It's the first draft (which I hardly ever change), and I can't remember if I've gotten all the scenes done. 
But still, I finished it. Put down the final dot, so to speak. 

I don't like finishing books. Every time, it's saying goodbye to characters I've grown to know and love. Every time it breaks my heart to let them go. 

That's why Sha-e-Fa got both a sequel and a prequel... I just couldn't bring myself to part with old friends. It was my first fantasy-novel ever, and I still feel like something is left untold. 

With Dragons, there is no such feeling. The story is told, the book closed, and I know I'll miss it for a long time. 

I didn't cry today, like I did after Jay. I've shed my tears for Dragons a long time ago. 
Why, you ask? Read the book, and find out. 

To bring myself solace, I've played a lot of Oblivion... funny how a game published nearly a decade ago can be so intoxicatingly :::homer-drewl

Just found out yesterday there's mods for it! 
Yes, I'm a bit slow... Anyways, hair was the first thing to change. Lorelei, my third hero, got a brand-new do. 
Now she looks like the mental image of her creator <3


Dragons. 
I dont' know when Dragons will be published. If it were entirely up to me, I'd say tomorrow! But for the first time, I'm not alone to blame. 

My Husband's sister is an artist. She paints enchanting, alluring water colors and oil paintings. I asked her if she'd like to make a cover for Dragons, and she said yes. So I'm sorta waiting for the final artwork to arrive. I'm really exited, I've never had a cover custom-made before! 

So. 
Dragons. 
Tomorrow I'll get to go on a wicked typo-hunt (I have a fresh installation of WindowsXD and my OpenOffice is having hickups on the typo-whatchumacallit, so ugh), and for next week I have lovely treats planned out. 
They've got to do with garments, so be sure to watch my other blog, webshop, and facebook page ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me