Thursday, January 3, 2013

Holidays

Christmas is over, and a new year has begun, and I have fallen really well behind on blogging. There's been so many posts to read I've just sorta given up. 
Maybe it'll be quieter for a few days now, so I can get a chance to enjoy everyone's Christmas-calendars :D 

So. Christmas. 
Every year I try to enjoy it. I try to get into the holiday spirit, and feel festive and happy and shiny, but... it just feels so forced! 
I've never been good at faking anything, so it's probably high time to come clean, and say that I don't really like Christmas that much. It's just one of those "you have to love this!"- sort of days that come and go every year, and when they pass, you're happy you made it through without getting anyone ticked off. 

I smiled, of course, ate Christmas food (that bit I actually do like, the food pretty much makes it OK) and watched everyone open presents and felt left out. It sorta always goes that way, no matter where we are. 
This year, we stayed at home, since Mom also had her fill of Christmas, and went on a cruise with Dad :D 
We had dinner at husband's sister's house on Christmas Eve, and on Christmas Day we went to his mother's. 
I wore some of the loot I got on my wild shopping spree @ H&M, courtesy of Mother. 

Top, tights: H&M
Skirt: Heather Wielding Recycled Fashion
Necklace: second hand
Bracelet: Seppälä

I got presents, too. Needful things, mainly, a wicked-cool memoryfoam pillow from sis and her husband (totally loving the pillow!!), tights and chocolate from Mom, and also something I had wished for. 
These! 


Had to try them out straight a way :D 
We live in the county side, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, to be exact. The shops are 25 km away, so we try to go just twice a week, tops. And we always run out of bread first. 
That's not going to happen again <3 

I like making bread, and the new pans make it a lot easier. 


It's been a tradition in my house to buy books for Christmas. I got one too, again from Mom. 


Don't let the cover fool you, the book is actually full of original drawigns by J.R.R. Tolkien. 
Happiness <3 <3 <3 
I haven't read the Hobbit in a long time. Can't wait! 


After the taxing Christmas (which I pretty much spent on the sofa, a glass of red by my hand, playing Oblivion) it was time to end the year. Our neighbors (who live only 4 kms away) had a party. Most of our friends were there, and we ate and drank and laughed and it was probably the best New Year I've ever had. 
A really good ending for the year, and a great beginning for a new one <3 

I hope You all will have a wonderful year. 
Blouse: H&M (second hand)
Tights: Lindex
Dress: Heather Wielding Original
Tiger Bag: second hand

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me