Monday, December 10, 2012

Achoo

I've been poorly. 
I've had this really persistent flu for, like, at least almost two weeks now. 
I haven't had the energy to do anything, and of course there were tons of things to take care of. 
First, my sister-in-law asked me if i had time to make her a dress. I said of course, and two days later, i woke up with a head full of goo. 
Eww, but whachu gonna do. When you have to work, you have to work. 

So we went... shopping. For fabric, but there were a couple of flea markets close by, and i couldn't resist. Flu or no flu. 

Found a cute top from SPR, and since they had a "take two, pay one"-offer going on, i picked out a skirt, too. 


The skirt was in dreadful condition, the lining was torn, and someone had tried to modify it, and failed miserably. I felt so sorry for the skirt i decided to rescue it. 


I also found some yarn, elastic band and a pink fabric. It's going to be a short skirt, embroidered in black, gathered in the back, maybe with a bit of black tulle. 


Found the fabrics for sis's dress, too, but pics of black and white cotton are a touch boring. Did pick up something, though, i've been in dear need of. 


It's a thimbal!
No more sore fingertips after hand-sewing leather <3 

Going shopping, i felt really ill, as you can see from the obvious lack of make-up. I chose my favorite winter-top, and paired it with a red skirt. 

Top: Lindex, second hand
Skirt: Heather Wielding Original

As if that wasn't enough for a sick woman... the next day, i had an interview for a local newspaper. I cannot recall what i told the lady, my head was swimming so bad :D The story'll probably be out on Thursday... scary. 

So. For the next few days i pretty much just played Oblivion. Like, 12 hrs a day... 
... as mentioned before, i have a bit of an addictive personality. 
Nice game, though. I watched husband play it before, and when i began, i decided not to go the same way he did. He obeyed the law, followed the rules, made a hero, so to speak. 

I went the wicked way <3 


2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better very soon - two weeks is a long time to be feeling lousy! :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I think this would have passed quicker if i hadn't gone out dancing on Saturday... :D

      Delete

talk to me