Friday, March 2, 2012

Hair

Not the musical. Hair. Mine. Hair.
So.
I do my own hair. Not because I'm a bit thick, but because hairdressers never seem to get it right. I go to have it done, and I come home, and do it again. So I figured it would, possibly, be a bit smarter to just do it myself to begin with.

A week or so ago the sun came out for the first time in a long while. It was warm, and it felt like spring, so I decided something had to go.
Hair was the thing to go.
This is what it looked like before.

Long enough to really get in the way, but not quite long enough to tie up in a neat bun.
After, it had a  fun new shape.

I like it. It's light and airy and fluffy and easy to wash. With my attention span, it's a bit impossible to manage hair that requires a fifteen minute rinse after each wash.

Took new hair to the job office on Monday. I think it was Monday. Could have been Tuesday, too. I forget.
Anyways, remembered to make husband snap a pic of my outfit. I chose to wear red that day.

Dress, petticoat, corset: handmade by me 
shrug: cut an old top in half, opened it on the front, and lined it


Yes, lipstick clashes with the dress. But I was running late, as usual, and the only other option would have been black.
For some reason, black lipstick and job office doesn't sound like a good thing to go with.

I've been shopping, too, though I can't remember when. It must have been a while back... anyway, found something I've been gagging for.


It's a fan!
I've been learning to use it, too. I think it may look a bit silly if you're elegantly opening a fan, and then manage to both drop it, and hit yourself in the face with it. Then again, I'll do just that no matter how hard I practice.
I've always been a bit clumsy. I'm the girl who's always tripping on her dress, falling down on the stairs, and dropping expensive things. A bit sad, but a perfect reason to cling on to husband's arm :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me