Saturday, October 29, 2011

the bliss brought by matter

I love shopping. If I had my way, I wouldn't do anything but shop, shop, shop, all day long, everyday.

Unfortunately, funds are limited. And hubby keeps reminding me of the impact uncontrolled shopping has on the environment. And stuff.

So I usually shop @ flea-markets. Mother Nature goes yay and I can spend all I like without going bankrupt.

Matter, I've found, actually brings bliss. A soothing feeling of everything being A-OK. All is well, I have a new skirt/top/ball of yarn/socks/fabric. The world will not come to an end, I've just bought a new hat/nail varnish/lipstick, and even if it does, I'll look good drowning.

I just shopped a fabric. Black cotton net. From the safety of mine own home. Must love the internet.

It's funny how only things you don't actually need bring on that "ah". Food doesn't do it. Kitchen appliances don't do it. But a piece of fishnet or glittery eyeshadow... Ah, the bliss.

So. We're having a party tonight. Halloween or house-warming, the guests can decide. A perfect change to wear lovely things shopped and made for dimes <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me